Web Conferencing System
Web Conferencing System
- ◈ A web conferencing system design for online learning and as well for distance education.
- ◈ Engage Our Online Students. A high-quality learning experience for remote students.
- ◈ Features that a teacher would welcome!
- ◈ A professional solution for teaching remote students online.
This System provides real-time sharing of audio, video, slides, chat, and screen. Students are engaged through sharing of emoji icons, polling, and breakout rooms.
Tools tailor-made for teachers
This System enables a teacher to share audio, slides, chat, video, and desktop with students. Built-in polling makes it easy to engage students and recording the lectures means that the admins can make them available for later review.
Live whiteboard for presenters and groups
When using the system's whiteboard tool, annotations are automatically displayed back to the students in real-time. Presenters also have the ability to zoom, highlight, draw and write on presentations making a teacher's point clearer to remote students.
Everyone can share a webcam.
There is no limit on the number of webcams we can share in a session (only limited by bandwidth).
The system supports real-time sharing of slides (including whiteboard), audio, video, chat, and desktops. It also record all content for later playback.
This module enables the Author to:
- ◈ Create multiple activity links to on-line sessions within a course
- ◈ Restrict students from joining a session until a teacher (moderator) joins the session
- ◈ Launch the system in a separate window
- ◈ Create a custom welcome message that appears at the top of the chat window when joining the session
- ◈ Specify join open/close dates for the session that appears in the LMS's calendar
- ◈ Record a session
- ◈ Access and mange recordings
The suggested system is a teleconferencing tool that runs on a separate dedicated server and be accessed via the proposed LMS Server.
The ports that are used: 80 (HTTP), 9123 (Desktop Sharing), and 1935 (RTMP). These ports are all TCP ports.
This system offers several features for video conferencing or teaching:
◈ Web Cam - Multiple users can share their webcam at the same time. There is no built-in limit on the number of simultaneously active webcams. They can all see and hear eachother.
◈ Integrated VoIP (voice chat) - The system's voice conferencing supports voice over IP (VOIP) conferencing out-of-the-box. All our students require are speakers and a microphone to participate.
◈ Record and Playback - The system can record our lectures for later playback by students or it can record the sessions that students have together. It records the video, audio, the slides used and the textchat.
◈ Presentation - The presenter can upload any PDF presentation or Microsoft office document to present, zoom, pan, and keep students in sync.
◈ Whiteboard controls let us annotate and call out key parts of our presentation for viewers; we can write and draw on our slides.
◈ Desktop Sharing - Go beyond slides. The presenter can broadcast their desktop for all students to see. Works on Mac, UNIX and PC.